December 13, 2018
Medicinal cannabis is legal in Canada and as of October 17, 2018 recreational cannabis is also legal. What does this mean for your workplace?
Attend our event on Thursday, January 24/19 from 8 am. - 10 am. to learn more about your rights and obligations as an employer.
Jane M. Gooding, a partner in the Hamilton office of Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP will provide an overview of the new laws that have legalized cannabis use in Canada and Ontario.
Attend to find out about:
- Employer’s rights and responsibilities to keep marijuana out of the workplace
- Employer’s duty to provide a safe and hazard-free work environment for employees
- When drug testing is and is not permitted
- The employer’s duty to accommodate cannabis use
- Find out about the creation of cannabis use policies including how to deal with suspected impairment at work
- The risks that employers will face in light of the new laws
Heidi McGuire and Madi McNitt, City of Hamilton, Public Health Services will explain the Smoke-Free Ontario Act, including where the public can and cannot smoke or vape cannabis. They will talk about the health implications of second hand smoke and other issues.
Tickets are $25 and a full, hot breakfast will be served at registration from 8:00 am. - 8:30 am.
For more information contact Cyndi Ingle at email@example.com or call: 905-521-5777 ext. 14.