March 31, 2016
This year the EmployerOne survey was fully completed by 144 employers who took the time to share their information with WPH.
From their answers and the hard work of our partners, the community can better understand the local labour market and its specific needs, such as current and future hiring needs, skill and educational requirements, and recruitment issues.
5 facts that you need to know about Hamilton's Labour Market in 2015
1. Fewer employers stated that they are hiring this year.
2. Small businesses are more likely to recruit through unsolicited resumes and word of mouth.
3. Social media is gaining popularity as a recruitment method.
4. Year after year employers report that they seek candidates that have strong soft skills (ie. communication skills, good work ethic, professionalism).
5. College diplomas or trades certification are the most desirable educational backgrounds for the majority of jobs.
Please complete a brief survey after you read the report.