Hamilton employers are proactive and want to be part of the solution to improve labour market conditions in Hamilton and to help to build a strong workforce.
Workforce Planning Hamilton's annual Employer One Survey (formerly the Hire Learning Survey) aids both employers and the community by providing up-to-date labour market information.
Employers: Why you should complete the survey...
- By sharing your company's hiring needs, challenges, and future plans you'll be providing current labour market information (and your responses are kept confidential).
- Your valuable information is shared with job seekers, employment counsellors, school boards, post-secondary institutions, and government agencies to help clients and agencies make informed choices
- The outcome for you includes a more educated workforce that will increase your company’s bottom line, and encourage less turnover of staff
- When you complete the survey every year you will help WPH understand labour market trends over time and we’ll share this knowledge with our partners
- WPH’s partners include: Mohawk College, McMaster University, Hamilton Chamber of Commerce, Flamborough Chamber of Commerce, Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce, City of Hamilton, the Employment Ontario Service providers and many others
What did last year’s survey teach us?
- Employers, in general, have a positive outlook with almost half reporting that their organization is growing
- 92% plan on hiring in the next year
- Permanent full-time positions are the most common types of jobs available
- Employers are seeking applicants with a college diploma
- The majority of employers are finding positions hard to fill, due to applicants’ qualifications, skills and experience
- Employers are seeking employees with good soft skills, such as work ethic, self-motivation, and communication skills
We'll also be sending the link out via our weekly newsletter and you may also receive the link from one of our partners. Our apologies if you receive the link more than once.
For more information please call Cyndi Ingle, Projects and Communications Coordinator at 905-521-5777 or email: Cyndi.email@example.com